Saturday, February 28, 2009

financial adviser

the threat of recession is upon us. Jobs cuts abound and there is no end in sight in the economic downturn that last reared its ugly head in 2000. Everyone is keeping a tight grip on their cash which only furthers the woes of the consumer-producer economic cycle. In this time of uncertainty, cautiousness is the ally of the wise? I am no economic expert but I do know that the longer the people push back on their spending, the more it will drive the producers out of business and the fallout would be increased job cuts. See the picture here? It's a vicious cycle that only the bigger people in the government could suppress. If they can come up with a plan to allay the fear, the sooner the consumers will start reverting to their old ways of happy spending and more money will flow and we'd be business as usual.

It's a spiral and we could only hope to get out of the downward trend that is eating the very life of the economy as soon as possible before things get more worse than it is now.

Despite me sounding like the guy who knows it all, like the guy who has the cure-all remedy already planned, I actually identify myself as the conservative consumer.

I am no Warren Buffet who would be more bullish at times of uncertainty. I am a regular Joe who goes with the trend of keeping my money to my pockets until the situation cools off.

My spendings mostly are allocated for food. My indulgences are electronic gadgets and my last spending was for a cheap portable hard disk drive which I convinced myself of buying by thinking it was a wise purchase to help me back up my system for security purposes.

I am single. I've no children educational plans to regularly put my money to and I don't have to worry putting money for food on the dining table for my wife and kids. While it may seem like something a regular husband would like to experience for a month or so to get away from the financial burden, I am not exactly raising a victory trophy not having to have the same worries.

No comments: