Monday, June 14, 2010

Sun Life Prosperity Balanced Fund

Thanks to the long holiday, finally I have some time to update my blog. Since I made a post regarding mutual funds(MF) earlier, I'll follow this up with news on how I finally joined the MF investing bandwagon.

First on the choice of MF. I chose Sun Life because my brother has an insurance policy there. Also, my officemate has an actual MF investment in Sun Life. Though my brother's affinity is not exactly MF related, kindred spirit probably played more of a role there in pulling me towards Sun Life. Interviewing an actual Sun Life MF investor actually did more to convincing me. Seeing the actual receipts from his regular investments and hearing firsthand positive feedbacks sealed the deal for me. Of course I also did prior researching which involved checking the company background and reading other people's feedbacks in internet forums.

Now that I have my mind made up I took a leave from office so I could go to the main Sun Life Headquarters which operates only during weekdays. I could have just asked for an agent to visit me on weekends when I am free but my thinking was, if I'm gonna be stuck with a bad agent then I would gladly accept that as a consequence for going to the main office personally. That would be a much better bitter pill to swallow than to be stuck with a bad agent suggested by a friend or by the person in their hotline. At least if I end up having a bad egg agent, I've got only myself to blame and not any other person.

No comments: