Monday, June 7, 2010

Blogging at Mcdonald's

Sleeping early has always been tough for me. I would constantly find myself looking for something to do until the wee hours of the morning that I only begin to try to sleep because I know I have to wake up in just less than four hours for work.

Mostly, that something to do is browsing the net or doing some work related projects that I tenaciously try to solve despite the non-urgency. Once I find myself hooked up into a particular task, it's hard to reason to myself the importance of having a 7 hour nap.

I live in a rented condo that is nearby to some 24 hour establishments. Among all these 24-7 fastfoods, I pick Mcdonald's as my place to loiter and while away time browsing the internet thru my ever reliable Iphone.

I like that the airconditioning is good and the customers, few, that even when I fall asleep( I sometimes do ),I am still in one piece when I wake up same goes with my gadgets sprawled across the table.

I simply order a diet coke and I munch on some crackers I bought from the 7-11 across the street. That option is much cheaper and lesser in fat. I've always frowned the fact that Mcdonald's doesn't offer much food in the "healthy" department.
They used to have salads but they pulled that out. It didn't end up being a regular fixture in the menu.

The healthiest, if ever there is, food you can eat at Mcdo is probably spaghetti. At least you are assured that the bulk of the meal is boiled and the fat in the sauce, you can control, if you won't mix it thoroughly with the pasta.

No comments: