Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weight Reduction

Dwight Howard of the NBA's Orlando Magic is an imposing figure at 6'11" and 268 lbs. He's made a name for himself as that big guy who can soar for a dunk. His broad shoulders are the envy of many a man with the shoulder balls being almost the size of his head. In short, he is a physical specimen that would easily make the shortlist of humans you'd want to preserve and whose genes you'd want to perpetuate in that doomsday scenario where a comet is set to obliterate all of mankind as we know it and you can only accomodate so much inside the man made contained ecosystem somewhere along the mountains of Texas.

Dwight is 6'11" and 268lbs. I am 6'0" and 240lbs. Something just doesn't seem right with those numbers. No, not Dwight's, but mine.

There is an 11 inch height margin and only 28lbs disparity? Most height-weight charts suggest men should weigh 6 lbs for every inch past five feet. Going by the numbers, I should just weigh between 172-180 but there I was(note time verb) weighing 240. Portly, however offensive, would be inappropriate to describe how Earth's gravity describe my vital stat entry.

It's not so much how I'd look at 240lbs that worries me( who am I kidding, I look awful and it bothers me like sheet), lurking from the background is the issue of health which I should pay a little more extra attention to cause I am predisposed to cardiovascular diseases and its complications more than the average Joe no thanks to my genes.

No comments: