Sunday, April 5, 2009

another day, another wedding

I'm sick and tired of having to attend weddings as it is a screaming reminder of how I should be tying the knot myself. This one particular wedding though was an exception as it was my officemate's, J's wedding. I have a special fondness for J as I have seen her grow professionally from her first day at work (which incidentally, is also her first job) up to her becoming the more consummate professional she is now. J will always be our younger sister who is the benchmark of youth since she was born the year of EDSA 1 when we were old enough to have vivid recollection of that fateful revolution while she, she doesn't have a single memory cause she was a toddler then. J comes as sweet, childlike, and genuine that is why when she invited me to come to her wedding, it was hard to say no and at the same time, say yes given how I have recently developed an abhorrence being at these events. I didn't commit at first although being there, witnessing another milestone in her life was something I would definitely not want to miss. When she overheard me asking another colleague how to get to the church she took that as RSVP and that perhaps sealed the deal- I was definitely coming to the wedding.

No comments: