Sunday, March 15, 2009

overnight at the office

stayed in the office much longer than i should. I went out at exactly 5:20 am. At the lobby I saw the security supervisor doing some ankle stretching and wearing a matching pair of basketball uniform. Normally, when playing tuneup games, you don't neccessarily wear a matching pair lest you end up looking tacky. You try to skew it a little by combining a different colored jersey and shorts. But hey, it's his style not mine. As he would tell me, they were scheduled for a weekly pickup game at the nearby basketball court. I have a cool history playing games with the company detailed security. They would play with us every now and then and it helps to foster a good relationship and if you put up a good showing you'd earn their respect more cause basketball is one of the few things you've in common with them. I remember the guards would always ask me about basketball schedules and venues and how many points i scored And it's not like i talk to them about basketball. Out of the blue they would pop these questions which makes me think that basketball is a big deal to them.
You'd be like a top dog if they know you are good and machismo points are points you'd welcome anytime. It kind of sets you on a higher podium if you create this image of a basketball stud

No comments: