Monday, March 30, 2009

Need for speed

I want to drive again. The last time I've driven a vehicle was ten years ago during the time when my dad had just been discharged from the hospital after his stroke attack which prompted my mom to let me assume the driving chores.

I remember that day when my cousin went to our house and we took the car for a spin so as to refresh my driving skills which I never got to polish as my dad never did allow me to drive the car despite me enroling in a driving school four years earlier.

Given that my previous driving experience was a rather crude know-how of moving forward and back and some basic turnings, I was rusty to say the least.

My cousin was perhaps expecting that he would be teaching me from scratch that he was mildly surprised when I was able to maneuver the car which is basically good but still not road worthy yet since our practice was largely done on the less congested part of a neighbouring village.

That was the last I've ever laid my hands on a steering wheel. Eversince, I haven't been eager to one day drive another until now.

Well perhaps my sorry state of being single after basking into a fleeting moment of projecting myself diving into the uncalm waters of married life is largely contributing to my anxiety of seating in the driver seat.

I saved some money for my wedding fund thinking that by now I would have already been married. Well things didn't quite turn out as planned but if there is any consolation I could take on my botched relationship it is that it left me with some dough to entertain thoughts of buying a car.

I am fuckin _ _ years old with no marriage future in sight. I might as well enjoy being single by living it to the extreme.

Hahahahaha....Im crazy...and hungry....

No comments: