Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Commodores

There is a nifty software that allows you to extract audio from youtube to mp3 format. Am not really an audiophile so just give me stereo and the encoding should have little noticeable noise and I'm OK. I don't have specially designed amplifiers or a souped up component system and my mp3 listening does not really go beyond using my laptop speaker or my phone's packaged headset so it doesn't really take too much to please my listening experience. All I want is just the original song from the original artist. I don't really have the patience to seek music titles that don't readily show up in google and that which would require you to do some clever searching and filtering. Torrent files take an eternity to download with my slow internet connection. I prefer listening to soft music, some easy listening, acoustic at one point(until everybody jumped to the bandwagon), at times contemporary R&B and rock but ultimately I revert to soft and mellow sounds which basically are LOVE SONGS. Yeah it sounds cheesy and kinda lame and it doesn't have the grunt that goes with " I LISTEN TO ROCK " but however I stray to try other genres I will always find myself going back to soothing love songs perhaps because as a kid, my MOM always tuned the radio to mellow touch. Love songs, the good ones, unlike pop or pop rock and R&B, like cockroaches ably surviving a nuclear holocaust, are able to get air time despite having been composed 20 or 30 years ago. When I was a kid, the songs playing in mellow touch were 10 to 20 years removed from the first time they aired.

The sheer oldness so to speak doesnt do a lot to help my googling easier and some songs have the same title so should I be lucky to get a hit there is a chance it might not be the one I am looking for. I guess when the song is about love, the titles left at the songmaker's disposal borders a little around the restrictive side. Thanks to youtube and the people who are similarly oriented to my kind of music I could dump googling in favor of searching them in youtube's database. Well that isn't entirely correct as youtube has been bought by google so if you look at it, we are stuck with google anywhere we go. Youtube may be for videos but one couldn't dismiss that it is easier to find your fave songs posted either as an mtv or without any videos just plain graphics within its wide database. The mp3 encoding of most songs in youtube may not be top notch but you can choose several uploads of the same title so you have a variety from which to pick the best sounding format.

An example of the facility with which you could go about in youtube in your song searching quest:

Only you by commodpres:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=032zxSqFzyY

I couldnt compeletely find it until I searched in youtube. Now I have the mp3 thanks to the youtube to mp3 software.

No comments: