Saturday, July 25, 2009

loving my Nokia E71

Being a previous owner of the calculator shaped E61, I immediately fell in love with the ergonomics evolution of its incarnate, the E71. It didn't take much tinkering with the demo unit to convince me of buying one right away after all those days spent reading the reviews which gradually built the anticipation to actually get my hands dirty with one.

When I finally got me my own E71, I realised that the chrome finish and the stainless steel armor warranted a more body hugging carrying case to protect it from the outside elements plus the usual bumps and bruises it will inevitably be subjected to it being a pocket device.

I thought I made the wisest of decisions in buying the E71 Krussell leather case. The phone fits inside snugly with the qwerty keypad and the screen well protected from scratching with the plastic cover facade sewn to the leather material at the back shielding the all-stainless battery cover.

I had the leather case for a little more than 6 months. Yes it dampened the otherwise brilliant look and construction of the phone by shielding all the best angles in high grade leather but it was something I was willing to take so long as my phone gets the utmost protection.

Every now and then I would clean the phone and wipe away the dust that collected inside which found its way through the square opening of the plastic cover which was so designed to expose the directional-D-pad.

Just a few weeks ago, the dust that collected at the stainless steel bottom part of the phone was being as stubborn as my 4 year old nephew. It won't wipe off. The almost vacuum fit of the plastic side of the Krussel case must have pressed the dust particles ever so tightly that no simple wiping would do.

To make matters worse, tilting the phone at an angle under fluorescent lighting, you can see that there are also minor scratches. Darn it to heck! The very case bought to prevent premature visible damages is the one that is actually causing it. It was really frustrating to say the least.

No comments: